One Day in Hobart Tour
- Duration: 8 Hours (approx.)
- Product code: P2YUJ0
On this tour you experience:
- Mt Wellington and Pinnacle Lookout -
Also known as kunanyi in the native aboriginal language, Mount Wellington dominates the Hobart skyline at 1271 metres high and is often covered in snow during the cooler months. Access to the summit is via a sealed road and a truly spectacular vista awaits the expeditioner at the pinnacle, offering a panoramic view of the River Derwent, Frederick Henry Bay and the Tasman Peninsula in the distance.
- Springs Lookout, Octopus Tree Walk -
Mount Wellington offers a diverse range of vegetation and wildlife; on our climb to the summit we will see the amazing “tentacles” of the octopus tree and have the chance to see the expansive view at the Springs Lookout.
- Hobart Gaol -
The Gaol was built by convicts in 1821 and functioned as a convict and civilian prison until 1963. We will take you on a guided tour of the sites chilling history when it was only one of three facilities in the states where executions were carried out.
- Richmond -
Richmond is one of Tasmania’s earliest settled towns and features some incredibly beautiful early colonial architecture like the Richmond Bridge (1823). A visit to the gaol built in 1825 is also a must. its most infamous prisoner inspired the famous author Charles Dickens to create the character Fagan in Oliver Twist.
Wander through the beautiful historic street scape which offers an array of artisan shops, antique stores and delicious produce. The Richmond Arms is a great place to sample local beverages and absorb the tranquility of the township.
- Bonorong Wildlife Sanctuary -
Your guide will introduce you to the loveable Wombat and Koalas and you can feed Kangaroos, see Tawny Frogmouths, Possums, Quolls, Emus, Cape Barren Geese, Sugar Gliders, a range of Parrots and Snakes. In line with the philosophy of wildlife protection the park offers a range of tasty vegan snacks at the café.
What to bring
The weather can be unpredictable in Tasmania and the evenings can be very cold. Warm jackets are whole-heartedly recommended.
Solid walking shoes for bush walks - they are relatively easy walks rather than hikes.
Cameras & phone chargers - there are so many photo opportunities. Tasmania is stunningly beautiful and you’d hate to miss that instagram opportunity.
A healthy enthusiasm for a lot of fun and amazing experiences and some of the best local produce you will taste.
Terms and conditions
- All times are approximate and dependant upon conditions. All tours are subject to weather conditions and Great Expeditions take no responsibility for any cancellations, road or tour closures out of our control. We will wherever possible arrange alternate routes, tours and experiences for guests.
- All tasting fees and entrance fees are included (unless they are additional options and those additional costs will be advised).
- All other meals are at guests own expense.
- Dietary requirements are catered for with prior notice.
- Non alcoholic beverages are available.
- Private tours are flexible if small group has specific requirements.
- Minimum numbers of 4 persons per trip (otherwise a $150 supplement is charged for less than 4 persons).
- Air conditioned, small vehicle transfers.
- FULL PAYMENT IS REQUIRED 14 DAYS PRIOR TO DEPARTURE.
- FOR ALL BOOKINGS MADE WITH GREAT EXPEDITIONS THE FOLLOWING PENALTIES APPLY:
- FOR ALL CANCELLATIONS A 15% ADMIN FEE WILL BE CHARGED ON TOTAL TOUR AMOUNT
- FOR CANCELLATIONS BETWEEN 2-14 DAYS A 50% CANCELLATION PENALTY APPLIES ON TOTAL TOUR AMOUNT
- FOR CANCELLATIONS WITH LESS THAN 48 HOURS NOTICE OR “NO SHOW” A 100% CANCELLATION PENALTY APPLIES ON TOTAL TOUR AMOUNT.